Tuesday 27 January 2015

Few shades of ગુ જ રા ત ...

It was the hottest summer of 2014.

I was literally bogged down of everything. Bogged down of the routine work, same old story of mountains, same old faces of friends, and that pointless, senseless and helpless struggle for the ultimate conviction.
The only respite that moment seemed Solitude, and the only place that flashed in my mind like a spotlight in the dark coliseum of  my cerebrum was ગુ જ રા ત.

A place I always craved to be part of since my childhood days, when traveling from Mumbai to Barmer in  Rajasthan. Always staring out of the window for hours and hours, lost in senile fantasies exciting out of my open eyed dreams, webbed by the vibrant culture, people on roads, the not so well arched out structures and dusty streets. I always wished some days of my life in one of these streets, a hot cup of tea with one of the local lads and offcourse, splendid evenings with someone even majestic. ;), with dhokla in one plate and undhiya in the other. I don't know why but I always felt this place connected to me, may be karmic.

Those 3 days. Tranquil.

Well, I have a lot, lot to share. But as we all know, these are the days of 20-20 and you gotta cash on it, to make the maximum.

Let me take you quickly through few shades of ગુ જ રા ત out of my super cam, not that entirely but two beautiful places I got to be to, Ahmedabad & Bharuch.

Kalpavriksha

कल्पवृक्ष is said to be a divine tree which fulfills all your wishes. A flawless carving in one of the magnificent jalis of Sidi Sayed Mosque.


Wall, I always craved for...

Like a pearl to an Oyster, is IIM to Ahmedabad


A quiet ecstasy

(In one of the streets of Ahmedabad)


અડાલજની વાવ

Adalaj step well was built in 1499 by Mohammed Begda for Queen Rani Roopba, wife of Veer Singh, the Vaghela ruler. The step well or Vav, as it is called in Gujarati, is intricately carved out and is five stories in depth. Once, mostly flanked in semi arid regions for basic water needs of drinking, washing and bathing.




Meet the Boss. 

Yes, that's what his name is. Relaxing imperturbably on a less crowded evening near banks of mighty Narmada.


Sabarmati

Catching a calm & serene atmosphere in Sabarmati ashram. Though I could not find the three monkeys; Eat, sleep & watch is the mantra I caught here...


Pictorial excerpt from one of the paintings in Sabarmati Ashram

An eye candy view of Dear Mahatma enjoying the company of Indira. Magnetic!


One more from the ashram


I found this too unique

Well, I did not find this anywhere else so...



Finally,a calm goodbye to Gujarat from banks of Narmada, a place where once descended a great saint, Kabirdas



In remembrance of his holy highness, a few dohas to share

बुरा जो देखन मैं चला, बुरा न मिलिया कोय,
जो दिल खोजा आपना, मुझसे बुरा न कोय।


 जाति न पूछो साधु की, पूछ लीजिये ज्ञान,
मोल करो तरवार का, पड़ा रहन दो म्यान।


पोथी पढ़ि पढ़ि जग मुआ, पंडित भया न कोय,
ढाई आखर प्रेम का, पढ़े सो पंडित होय।

aJ 

1 comment: